Monday, August 16, 2010

Skeletor

Here are the Skeletor redesigns! (A day late, but this allowed a few people to wrap theirs up and submit, and I think a lot of these came out finished and nice!)

Patricia Celestine Martinez's adorable Skeletor:

When receiving a pet, in Skeletors case a purple panther, you cant help but feel all the excited butterflies in your tummy!!!
This is a younger happy version of Skeletor before someone bullied and hurt his beloved kitty and turned him into the evil villain we know him to be now.


Scott Milton Brazee's slender Skeletor:

Skeletor the bane of He-man's existence. Don't let his seemingly slender appearance decive you, through his viens runs pure evil.

Julian Godinez's menacing Skeletor:

For my take on skeletor, I tried to make him a bit more menacing without straying too far from the things about his current design that make him iconic. I thought it would be cool to make his design a bit more like a mummy with armor.

Lauren Rae Holtermann's hipster Skeletor:

Skeletor's floppy purple hood reminds me of those obnoxious American Apparel hoodies Hi-Tone hipsters wear, so that's what I turned him into.

Brian Truesby's baby Skeletor:

I set out to make Skeletor and company as adorable as humanly possible. Redesigning him as a toddler clad in footsie pajamas with Panthor cub may have been overkill, though.
Decided to counterbalance the cute with some Havoc Rattle inflicted He-man violence. Failed miserably.


Aman Chaundhary's Skeletor:


Erik M. Held's witchdoctor Skeletor:

I give you Skele-tor, the witchdoctor from Eternia's past. He is a "regular" Eternian, but prehistoric compared to Prince Adam, Teela and the like. His fel sorceries - and the hand of another - have sent him hurtling through time to the "present," a veritable hi-tech utopia under King Randor, sixth of his name (to see his arrival, read the attached "Bone-Man." I couldn't help myself; I had to write it). He quickly proves himself a great threat through his black arts and determination to overthrow Randor's decadence and machinery. His is a danger that only be countered by summoning and ancient warrior's spirit into a living vessel....

I decided to abandon the skull-for-a-head and instead we have paint mimicking the look of a skull. The feather necklace approximates old Skeletor's shoulder garb. Dangling from a leather cord you have a large, pierced eyeball with a bone above it, much like the original's chest symbol. The leather "skirt" pieces have bones stitched through and more eyeballs sewn on for effect. Feathers on the shins hint at his old boots. You can't go wrong with a ram's skull on a giant mammal bone as a talisman of power.


Shane McDermott's biker Skeletor:

Skeletor as envisioned as a Road Sorcerer who dispenses evil on his Panthor cycle. His skull is the result of a serious case of road rash. I originally planned on making the bike black and dressing him in various shades and textures of black and gray, but ultimately, the original color scheme won. Good times.


Welcome again to new contributors, and I'd like to remind everyone that ANYONE is welcome to submit!

7 comments:

  1. I love Celeste's and Shane's skeletors the best, but these are all GREAT!!!!! I'm excited about all the new contributors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I'd love to see a He-Man story featuring Mr. Brazee's slender Skeletor. Hipster Skeletor just doesn't give a crap what He-Man or Prince Adam do. He just wants to hop on his 10-speed Pant-hor and peddle on off to the bar for another PBR. I'd also like to see a Baby Skeletor story and further explorations of the Witchdoctor Skeletor. That's a neat idea. Great work, Everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some pretty varied entries! I'm glad to see some new entrants as well. ONWARD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely awesome. I can't wait for the next one, since I didn't have time for this one, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The SHCC Skeletor post is alllll over tumblr & twitter! http://bossbattle.tumblr.com/post/964182307/shane-mcdermotts-wasnt-the-only-rad-submission

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, ahem, think I prefer the Hipster Skeletor....

    ReplyDelete