Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Shane McDermott's Storm


One more storm, this time from Shane McDermott!

I didn't know much about Storm so I did a little research and learned that she and her mother are from a long line of African witch-priestesses with white hair. She spent part of her childhood in Cairo, lost her parents there and even spent time as a thief before joining the X-Men. Or something like that. It was fun to hunt for images of African priestesses and trinkets that she might have picked up and held onto during her days as a thief in Cairo.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I was hoping you'd focus more on her thief days though...I thought a motorcycle ridin' badass thief Storm would have been awesome from you, but this was definitely a pleasant surprise. I like the patterned logo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Now that you say that I wish I had focussed more on her as a thief than a redesign of her team costme. I can totally see her conjuring mini-storm diversions that enable her to get into tricky spots and make off with jewels and antiquities! Sigh...hidsight.

    I'll throw in another motorcycle soon. I thought about it, but I don't want to be labled as that motorcycle guy. I always think about throwing in motorcycles, but I always tell myself not to run it into the ground.

    ReplyDelete